Friday, August 27, 2010

Blurry Ballerina

My latest find tonight. From time to time I look for pictures of toys that I had (some still are up in my parent's attic)when I was little. Do it for the toys that my kids have too and find some interesting blogs or just a list of the old toys and what they are worth. I'm not planning on selling my old toys, but still it's interesting.
*Interesting find tonight (no, this isn't my "blog post find") but in my daughter's barbie doll clothes is a worn out ballerina barbie dress. Little snag in it, and I'm not really sure where it came from. Liked to find out now. Was the Barbie ballerina my sister's or a family member's? Or did it just come in a box from somewhere or a find a yard sale? The picture I found for the actual ballerina barbie is from the '70's and the person who has the picture on Flickr has a price for $8,000. Yeah, so maybe if I found out my old Rainbow Brite doll was worth something like that, maybe I'd be talking. :o)

Ok, so onto my picture find that I have to show off. Still on the whole "ballerina" subject here. I found a blurry picture of a little girl who was doing some ballet. I love the ballet all though I couldn't tell you much about it. It's just magical, like taking you to another world as you watch. Had to post this picture.
Not exactly where I found it. I think the actual link was bad but it still had a picture.





It's so blurry that I can't even make out the writing at the bottom corner. I've tried enlarging picture and at the end it looks like it says photography but who's I don't know.

EDIT: the more I look at the picture, I'm not 100% sure this is a little girl doing ballet. What do you think? Last night I got to thinking that maybe it's a blurred out picture of a little girl dancing at a wedding with a band in front of her.

2 comments:

  1. I know you commented a while back about the Avon glass slipper necklace, just thought i'd let you know I found this one on etsy:

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/57712312/vintage-80s-avon-glass-slipper-necklace?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_query=glass+shoe&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=0&order=date_desc&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for remembering me! Sadly I was too late in trying to buy it but I think I will start keeping a look out for this necklace to see if anyone else puts one up for sale.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete